Though online shopping has recently been very popular and favored, purchasing stuffs through online shops is quite risky. We cannot see, observe, nor touch them actually with our very own eyes to ensure that the stuffs are as good as they seem. It is like a gambling doing this kind of trade, especially if it deals with arts when their originality is the priority. However, it does not mean that we cannot buy arts through online shops. We just need to be very careful and thorough if we are about to buy arts through these shops. In addition, these tips may help you to do online art shopping:
- Avoid poor-quality arts. Since online art shops are quite easy to be accessed, many of the arts are in poor quality. Make sure that you choose the good ones.
- The online shops must have actual ‘brick-and-mortar’ gallery and actual people. Online art shops that have physical galleries are more likely to be more trustable because they are real, and at least they have knowledge of arts and sales. They must provide their address, phone number, and contact person.
- Ask its authentication. Good arts have their certificate of authenticity.
- Do your research. Make sure that you know the detail information of the art.
- See it in person! It is strongly suggested that before you make the deal, make sure that you come in person to see the art directly.